Sunday, September 1, 2013

Chinese Woman Has Forced Abortion in Ninth Month

Writing on the popular web board earlier this month, one Li Li Zheng from Youshan Borough, Xinfeng County, Guangdong Province recounts how she was forced to have an abortion in the ninth month of her pregnancy (English translation here).  Two days before her due date, Zheng claims that “seven family planning officials held down my body and forcibly aborted my baby by needle injection because I did not have a ‘birth permit.'"

Given an injection to induce the baby to abort, the child was born alive, but died several hours later.

I cried bitterly when they injected the abortion needle into my body, but I heard the family planning officers – headed by their director – laughing treacherously. After the needle injection, they all disappeared, as if I were a pig waiting to be slaughtered. That night, I gave birth to a boy; he was still alive, breathing. I asked for help, but no one answered me. I passed out because I was exhausted from the pain in my abdomen. The next day, when I woke up, my baby died. I painfully held the baby for a very long time until the body of the baby stiffened.


Zheng goes on to say that a certificate was issued confirming that the baby was aborted in the seventh month of the pregnancy.

Later divorcing from her husband, she repeatedly contacted the Family Planning Officer who was responsible for inducting the early labor.  Eventually she grew tired of her relentless text messages and phone calls, writing her a lengthy letter absolving herself of any wrong doing, saying he had nothing against her personally, and he would "send someone to deal with her" if she continued in her efforts to "seek justice".

Despite promises from the Chinese government that such forced abortions are illegal according the Chinese laws, sex education in the country is woefully lacking, leads to many "unauthorized" pregnancies.  If they aren't found out before the baby is born, the child if often sold because the mother would face prosecution.

 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chinese Answers

On the outside, China's answer to Silicon Valley doesn't look the part: It's a crowded mass of electronics malls, fast-food join...